U.S. Bank Financial Education Strategy Director - Minneapolis, MN (Preferred) or United States in Boston, Massachusetts
The Financial Education Strategy Director will develop, package and support a comprehensive, integrated strategy designed to improve recognition and use of U.S. Bank Financial Education programs. This leader will support the company’s overall Corporate Responsibility platform, Economic Opportunity for All, and U.S. Bank’s brand strategy, Make Possible Happen.
This position will manage and socialize the financial education strategic plan across the U.S. Bank enterprise and work collaboratively with senior leaders across the organization to implement financial education workstreams that advance our reputation and strategic growth pillar “Most Trusted Choice”. The strategic plan will address the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders, including: customers, employees, community organizations, and regulators.
This position will lead cross-functional collaboration within Corporate Social Responsibility and with Marketing, Brand, Social Media, Corporate Communications, Human Resources, Government Relations, Regulatory/Compliance, Customer/Employee Experience and Line of Business leaders across U.S. Bank to fully leverage and execute opportunities that demonstrate our commitment to Financial Education. Oversee the development of a comprehensive communications strategy, and execution of the strategic plan, including annual plans, promotional activities and measurement.
Key objectives of the integrated strategy and plan include:
• Align business line goals and objectives to activate financial education strategy
• Develop and oversee budget and deliver against key performance metrics and indicators
• Raise profile of U.S. Bank commitment to financial education and Social Responsibility platform, Economic Opportunity for All
• Identify and capture opportunities to grow awareness and engagement in programs
• Develop a financial education platform integrated across all U.S. Bank channels (branch, online, mobile, and community)
• Ensure tools are personalized to meet the varied needs of customers in the moments that matter
• Ensure programs meet regulatory expectations such as CRA expectations
• Develop and expand outreach via partnerships with educational institutions and community leaders in concert with U.S. Bank’s Community Possible efforts
• Develop and report on measures of success using data to determine evolutions to the strategy
Lead team of direct reports to manage and measure signature projects. Support the development of a comprehensive communications/marketing strategy. Build a roadmap of current programs, evaluate current experience, identify opportunities for improvement and integration, and enable measurement of future progress. Build capability to “test and learn” via in-market pilots.
• Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10 or more years of experience in project management and leadership activities
• Five or more years of managerial experience
• Proven record in problem solving and strategic thinking
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills, including stakeholder/relationship management, diplomacy, ability to gain buy-in from diverse teams and a strong executive presence
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience leveraging customer insights to drive strategy
• Proven experience with integrated marketing planning and processes
• Experience leveraging digital channels to enhance the customer experience and drive marketing effectiveness
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Expert knowledge of assigned business line or functional area
• Advanced knowledge of project management
• Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
• Eight-plus years of people management experience
• Master’s degree in Leadership, Strategy, Marketing or related field strongly preferred
Job: Portfolio / Asset Management
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190012549
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.