U.S. Bank Consumer Lending/Deposit Compliance Professional in Boston, Massachusetts
Consumer Lending / Deposits Compliance Professional: Partners with assigned line(s) of business (BLs), Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) Professionals, and RCA Managers to develop, implement, maintain, review or oversee an effective compliance risk management framework. Participate in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Facilitate the identification of gaps and/or weaknesses and drive solutions that minimize compliance risks and losses resulting from inadequate processes, systems or human errors. Proactively identify, respond to and/or escalate compliance risks as appropriate. May influence policies and procedures to minimize regulatory exposure. Serve as a functional liaison between the BLs and the lines of defense.
Your Career is Here.
Essential Duties of Position
• Assist with developing compliance programs and processes that are effective, efficient and sustainable; seek process improvements by re-assessing compliance functions and approaches.
• Comprehensively oversee the implementation and execution of business line controls to ensure effectiveness.
• Maintain an awareness of supervisory enforcement actions, legislative updates, new/amended regulatory requirements, industry trend and banking operations.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (Reg. B/ECOA, Reg. Z/TILA, Reg. E/EFA, Reg. DD/TISA, TCPA, etc.) and state laws impacting BLs supported.
• Serve as a valued business partner, trusted advisor and key contact for BL/Risk partners; exercise credible challenge and drive desired results.
• Proactively engage with BL partners to identify, assess, document and mitigate potential risks via comprehensive, actionable and informative assessments, including:
o Business/Product Change Risk Assessments (PRISM)
o Enterprise Compliance Risk Assessments (ECRA)
o Third Party Risk Management (TPRM)
o Compliance Approval Tool Reviews (CAT)
• Review and approve compliance training materials to ensure comprehensive and accurate.
• Issue resolution and complaint management oversight, monitoring, trending and escalation.
• Regulatory Change Management (RCM) oversight, guidance and escalation.
• Work with BLs to establish and maintain appropriate limits related to policies and procedures, control testing/monitoring, and reporting systems to ensure risks are appropriately identified, assessed, mitigated and monitored.
• Develop and produce management reporting for assigned compliance functions, as needed.
• Miscellaneous strategic initiative and project management support.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Seven to ten years of applicable experience
Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact assigned BLs.
Advanced-level understanding of the business lines’ operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls.
Strong leadership and management skills of processes, projects and people.
Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong analytical, problem-solving, relationship and negotiation skills.
Excellent project management and organizational skills, including: planning, prioritization and attention to detail.
Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190015977
Other Locations: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis, Ohio-OH-Cincinnati, United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.