U.S. Bank Fraud/Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Specialist in Augusta, Maine
The organization's risk management structure is designed to promote effective governance and risk management that is systematic, transparent, credible, timely, and verifiable through clear delineation and execution of key roles and responsibilities. Its goal is to assess and/or manage risks that may impact the company, including credit, financial, liquidity, market, operational, reputational, strategic, and other risks as appropriate.
There are three primary roles in this structure, known as the " Three Lines of Defense :"
First Line – Line of Business
• Establishes and maintains appropriate systems of risk management and internal controls to support business objectives, maintain acceptable risk appetite/tolerances and comply with applicable laws and regulations
• Self-identifies issues and effectively owns risk management for the business
• Provides assurance of the efficacy of the business line compliance with Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement and Enterprise Risk Management Policy
Second Line – Corporate Level Risk Management
• Resides in corporate level functions including, but not limited to, Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Committees, Operational Risk and Compliance, Credit, Technology & Operations Services, Finance, Legal and Human Resources.
• Aligns strategy and appetite to actionable policies, standards, and other guidance and related infrastructure
• Works with business lines to establish and maintain appropriate limits related to policies and procedures along with monitoring and reporting systems to ensure risks are appropriately identified, understood, measured, monitored and controlled
Third Line – Independent Review Functions
• Includes Corporate Audit Services
• Independently assesses and assures compliance with Enterprise Governance, Risk Management and Control
• Provides independent assessment and assurance of the effectiveness of the company’s risk management processes and compliance with Enterprise Governance, Risk Management and Control.
• Provides credible challenge regarding the risk management decisions made by the First and Second Lines of Defense.
The Three Lines of Defense have separate roles in terms of their technical/professional/business functions. However, the skillset, knowledge and activities are coordinated and collaborative, all working toward managing risk for the organization. This position is relevant to all Three Lines of Defense .
The Fraud/Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Specialist will partner with their assigned Line of Business (LOB), other RCA Consultants, and RCA Managers to, depending on their function, create, implement, maintain, review or oversee an effective risk management framework. They may participate in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. They may identify gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors. They may actively identify, respond and/or escalate risks as appropriate. They may inform policies and procedures in an effort to maximize profit potential and minimize regulatory exposure. They may serve as a functional liaison between the Line of Business and the Lines of Defense.
This role has an expert-level understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems and associated risks/controls. The Fraud/Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Specialist may lead reporting, testing/monitoring, exception/resolution activities and providing guidance. They are responsible for training LOB staff and may manage or supervise staff as assigned. They typically interact directly with senior managers requiring an advanced level of presentation, relationship building and negotiation skills. This position will also have occasional exposure to regulatory agencies.
Minimum qualifications are outlined below:
Individual will have applicable professional certifications and a minimum seven to ten years payment services Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) experience.
Develop broad knowledge of the major functional areas of Payments Services (PS) with the ability to provide guidance to the business to make decisions consistent with local laws, regulations and corporate policy.
• Researches, reviews and analyzes complex/unique transactions/situations to mitigate risk and avoid fraud losses
• Act as an escalation point for potential fraud issues and remediation plans
• Identify control deficiencies in processes, procedures, or team member decisions, work with LOB to determine action steps specific to fraud and ABAC
• Assist in revising and implementing procedures and training materials to prevent/mitigate future fraud losses, and to assure compliance with regulations
• Create and maintain activity logs/records/databases, interpret data, identify trends and produce management reports for fraud and ABAC
• Consult with PS partners to define project requirements, build business cases, and develop and manage implementation plans
• Manage completion of required project deliverables and supporting materials, including adherence to key regulatory deliverables
• Coordinate project resources for business-as-usual activities; understanding priorities; identifying and escalating potential resource contentions; identifying potential overlaps; develop comprehensive and timely status reporting
• Assist in organizing and manage projects related to regulatory / fraud findings, including reporting to regulators and internal stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
• Experience with managing projects with regulatory impact
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Some travel will be required.
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: North Carolina-NC-Charlotte
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170035011
Other Locations: United States, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.