U.S. Bank SVP, Enterprise Agile Project Management Office - Atlanta, GA in ATLANTA, Georgia
The SVP, Enterprise Agile Project Management Office (EAPMO) will lead and manage a Global Team of Program, Process and Project Managers that plan, manage, govern and execute key initiatives across Elavon. The role will work closely with works with the Executive team to plan investments in order to maximize strategic impact and report directly to the Elavon CAO and will be accountable for the successful planning, delivery and governance of all Elavon initiatives.
Elavon is going through an Agile Transformation; this individual will have the unique opportunity to reshape the organization through the following activities:
• Design the Agile focused Project Management Office & delivery portfolios, achieve buy-in from stakeholders & redeploy resources to rebuild the organization’s evolving Program Management Office
• Define new governance structure and design & execute on new intake, prioritization and business value assessment processes aligned with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Partner with U.S. Bank Technology & Product teams to drive adoption of common agile tools, practices, and principles across Elavon
• Coach the team on high levels of Agile Planning and Execution
• Partner with technology & product teams to align on overall deliverables.
• Lead planning, facilitating, and execution of the delivery of business value using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Prepare executive communications to Elavon CEO and Senior Leadership Team on status, progress, issue and possible resolution /mitigation plan.
• Actively ensure compliance with all US Bancorp policies and procedures such as Code of Ethics, Anti-Money laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements
• Actively define, detail and devise risks & issues and the mitigation plans on Elavon initiatives
The objectives of the role are to accelerate the achievement of exceptional business results for Elavon Inc., increase the company’s return on invested capital, and reduce operating risks through successfully delivering on the organizations key initiatives on time and on budget. The role will also improve operational efficiency and organizational performance by aligning people, processes and technologies in support of business strategies by translating the broad strategic vision into the tactical details necessary to deliver that vision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Reports directly to Elavon CAO, working closely with the business line leaders across the organization to ensure that the EAPMO team is working on the right priority projects and aligning resources accordingly.
• Managing a Global Team of 70 resources of Portfolio, Program, Process and Project Managers
• Responsible for leading Elavon through an Agile Transformation.
• Responsible for Elavon’s Project Management methodology and adherence to the policies.
• Responsible for Elavon’s Capacity & Demand management practices and procedures
• Responsible for setup, governance and delivery on Elavon’s CapEx programs
• Ensure successful delivery of all projects within the portfolio by leveraging project management fundamentals including work planning, budgeting, scope containment as well as issue & risk mitigation.
• Provide leadership for program & project setup & execution support on key organization initiatives
• Collaborate with executives to ensure strategic plans are defined and business objectives are delivered.
• Manage and lead teams including business line representatives as well as consulting resources as needed.
• Manages assigned resource pool and related budget to achieve PMO objectives. Establishes organizational systems for managing resources and associated work assignments, tracking progress, and monitoring/measuring resource and project success.
• Ensures that direct report staff is trained, compliant, and knowledgeable about required policies and procedures.
• Assesses staff competencies and provides development and growth opportunities.
• Navigates unstructured/ambiguous environments and applies structure to situation at hand.
• Facilitates cross team issues by utilizing communication mechanisms to break down barriers toward achieving common goals.
• Monitors effectiveness and recommends improvements of project management methodology and tools.
• Recommends changes to organizational practices to mitigate disruptive or stressful situations for staff.
• Implements enhancements and upgrades to project management process and tools.
• May assist business area to prioritize top initiatives and transition concepts into projects/programs. Advocates for business area's projects/programs.
Ensures U.S. Bank's largest programs and projects are held to the leading practices in the Program/Project Management industry related to cost, schedule, scope, and quality. Oversees and is ultimately responsible for a team of Information Technology's most senior Program Managers who evaluate and coach on U.S. Bank's largest programs (Internet Channel, Fusion, Lockbox, etc.) as well as the balance of the project portfolio (annually 350 active projects and programs and 2 million hours of development) through active assessment, redirection and coaching. Provides coaching and development to less experienced program and project managers and works with various executives and staff to resolve resource and prioritization conflicts with a view toward properly accounting for objectives of both the program for which they are directly accountable as well as external programs and overall U.S. Bank goals and objectives.
• Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 12 years of experience in progressive project management and leadership activities; including experience leading teams through an Agile Transformation
• Six or more years of managerial experience
• Embodies a Lean Agile Mindset and SAFe Core Values
• Knowledge and Experience with SAFe Principals
• SPC, CSM Certifications
• Experience leading a transition to agile at the team, program, and portfolio levels in a large organization
• 10 years of managing/supervising people
• Demonstrated management and Lean-Agile leadership skills
• Experience working in a bi-modal project delivery environment
• Experience using data and feedback to define areas of focus for continuous improvement, plan to improve and measure success
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Clear and accurate verbal and written communication – ability to develop and deliver oral and written presentations to all levels of the team, including executive management
• Excellent leadership & management skills including developing objectives, work plans, assembling team members with requisite skills and a proven track record for managing to desired outcomes in a timely manner
• Experience with implementing business processes, business systems, reporting tools and applying technology to solve business problems.
• Experience in operational design and change management including implementation of new policies and procedures, operating controls, system enhancements, software selection and implementation, data management and reporting design.
• Strong problem solving skills including demonstrated ability to analyze issues and develop implement and document processes that improve the accuracy and timing of work products and business activities.
Job: Project Management / Analysis
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190015941
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.