U.S. Bank Supply Chain Finance Originator - West Coast Preferred in Atlanta, Georgia
The Supply Chain Originator is functionally responsible for building and managing existing customer relationships and will be tasked with identifying, analyzing, and qualifying a pipeline of new Supply Chain Financing opportunities. The candidate will work closely with internal partners including: Credit Administration, Commercial and Corporate Bank Relationship/Portfolio Managers, other International Banking colleagues, the Legal Department, and the Supply Chain Finance Portfolio Management team to ensure effective credit approvals, timely closure of new opportunities, and ongoing customer satisfaction. He or she will act as a Trusted Advisor to clients and internal colleagues for origination, arrangement and credit approvals. The Supply Chain Finance division is a part of the International Banking Group, and the portfolio includes various Supply Chain Finance products including seller-centric Accounts Receivable Purchase programs, and buyer-centric Approved Payables programs. The Supply Chain Finance Originator must demonstrate mature sales, relationship management and new business development skills, and considerable knowledge of the network that supports the Supply Chain Finance industry at large.
Be fully conversant with all Supply Chain Finance solutions; engage in new product development and other training; and maintain relationships with internal and external network contacts to assure continued business development,Prepare for, and meet with clients and prospects to determine fit, and to identify realistic pipeline opportunities,Originate new financing opportunities through bank participations, and through internal and external contacts,Prepare and present written and verbal requests to Senior Management and Credit Administration for approval of new and renewed loan facilities,Remain current with internal and external elements that affect product pricing, and other market and structural features important for effective business development,Actively ensure compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participate in any required corporate and business line training in these areas. Follow account opening procedures and understand and follow internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Ten or more years’ experience in an applicable work environment including Supply Chain, Trade Finance or other lending experience
• Thorough knowledge of Receivables Purchase and Approved Payables programs and risk mitigation tools such as trade credit and political risk insurance, risk participations, U.S., other Government, bilateral or multilateral programs,
• Well-developed problem-solving, negotiation and networking skills,
• Demonstrated ability to innovate and develop customized solutions for clients,
• Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the organization,
• Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills,
• Demonstrated PC skills and use of Microsoft Office Products to include Word, Excel and Power Point
• Emphasized time management skills.
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190011261
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.