U.S. Bank Automation / Development Engineer in ATLANTA, Georgia
U.S. Bank is seeking an Automation / Development Engineer with end-to-end development and testing experience of building software products in agile lifecycle. This individual will be responsible for software development and support of the bank’s new retail mobile app which includes ensuring the quality of the final product through the build out of manual and automated tests.
The Automation / Development Engineer is a generalist that combines aspects of a traditional developer and tester into a single position responsible for the design and release of quality code in short, releasable, and iterative increments. The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include software development, automation test design, automation test harness development, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution.
It is critical for this position to have not only the technical skills relative to development and testing, but strong collaboration and communication skills in order to support this entire agile scrum team.
• Perform software coding tasks to support UI (web/mobile) and API development (SOAP/REST).
• Develops automated tests and test frameworks for frontend and backend systems. Improve process and quality via test and process automation: defining right strategy and technology based on process and architecture assessment by engaging different roles and stakeholders;
• Deep practical experience with cutting edge tools for Web, Mobile, Desktop, DB and Web-service testing (Selenium, Appium, SoapUI, etc.);Utilizes deep understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
• Hands-on current experience authoring, building and adopting large scale, cross-functional automation frameworks with well-balanced coverage across UI, back-end integration, database levels
• Ability to develop custom test automation methodologies and adapt them to clients’ reality;
• Integrate test automation into CI/CD process and instrument full SDLC automation, specifically cloud testing execution, reporting tools such as ALM, Jira
• Leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of automated test scripts. Approves the Automation Test Plans. Serves as subject matter expert on complex automation scripting and tool usage.
• Performs needs analysis of applications and available testing tools. Leads the audit, evaluation, and review of products and processes.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Work Experience: 8 years in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership Degrees/Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
• Expert-level Coding Skills
• Functional testing experience, including ability to create, maintain, and execute both manual and automated tests
• DevOps capabilities – containers, cloud, automation, security, configuration management, CI/CD
• Selenium, Appium, SoapUI, Protractor, Cucumber, etc.
• Behavior Driven Development Experience
• REST and SOAP API development
• Gitlab/GitHub, Jira, Jenkins
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180019484
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled